The language of instruction at The University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI), Cairo Campus is English. All academically admissible applicants are required to demonstrate proficiency in the English language prior to undertaking studies at The University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI), Cairo Campus, such as.
Overall score of 6.5 with 6.5 in writing no other band below 6
TOEFL Paper-based Test
550 with a minimum TWE of 5.5
TOEFL Internet-based Test
80 with a minimum of 20 in each category
English Proficiency Placement
PTE (Pearson Test on English)
58 For All faculties
- All Applicants will sit for an English Placement Exam except if they do not have:
- Proof of three years of full-time study in English in Canada, or in another country where English is a principal language, as determined by Universities of Canada.
- Submission of an official test score at or above the acceptable minimum, as shown above
- There is an English Proficiency Placement Success Seminar conducted online at fixed intervals for students who received an offer to show guidelines regarding the exam; its attendance is mandatory yet won’t stop the applicant from attending the English placement exam on the applicant’s own responsibility given the fact that scholarships and course load registration are dependent upon the English Proficiency Placement result.
- The English placement is done at fixed intervals that will be communicated to the applicant after receiving his/her acceptance letter.