Sustainable Design Engineering: Grade 12 Academic Math, English, two Sciences chosen from Biology, Chemistry or Physics, and one other academic subject; an overall average of 70% minimum with no grade below 65% and at least 70% in Grade 12 Academic Math.
Business and Entrepreneurship: Grade 12 Math, English, and any 2 subjects chosen from Social Studies, Languages or Sciences, and one other academic course; an overall average of 70% minimum.
Science and Innovation: Grade 12 Math, English, 2 Sciences, and one other academic course; an overall average of 70% minimum.
Note: For students who may be missing a subject required for admission into a speciﬁc faculty, or students requiring a transition program to university from High School, the UPEI Cairo Campus is prepared to provide a pathway that will allow qualified students to either register into a Gateway Program or as an Unclassified Student.
- Hereunder you will find the admission requirements as per the type of high school certificate submitted:
- Transcript of grades 10, 11 and 12
General Certificate of Education (GCE/ IGCSE)
- Sustainable Design Engineering: 5 ‘O’ levels in the appropriate subjects with no grade below (C) and 1 AS level in Mathematics (minimum grade of C )
- Computer Science & Mathematics: 5 ‘O’ levels in the appropriate subjects and 1 AS level in Mathematics (minimum grade of C )
- Entrepreneurship: 5 ‘O’ levels in the appropriate subjects with a minimum grade of (C) in Mathematics
Please note that IG students can enroll in any of UPEI’s faculties after finishing grade 11; if all they are done with the required qualifying subjects; yet with a minimum overall percentage of 85 % according to the IGCSE international grading scale that is followed by UPEI Main in Canada.
American High School Diploma
- Presentation of completed high school diploma from a recognized academic grade 12 program.
- At least 4 different subjects at the matriculation level must be presented within the diploma.
- Only 1 course may be used for admission purposes from the grade 11 level.
- SAT, ACT, and EST (Egyptian SAT Test) scores are not required for admission but may be used for admission reference.
Canadian High School Diploma
- Successful completion of Grade 12 examinations in a University Preparatory Program
- Overall average of at least 70% (75% for Quebec Secondary V students)
- Certificate of grade 10,11,12
- A minimum GPA of 11 is required for admission
- Transcript for grades 11, 12 and 13(university prep). Abitur / Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife / Zeugnis der Reife / Reifezeugnis (Certificate of General University Maturity).
- A minimum of 9 overall in the Abitur and a minimum of 3 (befriedigend) overall in the others mentioned above is required for admission.
Advanced Placement (AP)
- A maximum of three transfer credits will be awarded on a case-by-case basis for AP exams successfully completed with a minimum grade of 4
- Applicants should provide a detailed course description and official test results for transfer credit assessment.
International Baccalaureate (IB)
- An IB diploma with 3 courses at the higher level (HL) and 3 courses at the standard level (SL): no grades below a ‘3’ (IB)
- IB Minimum Score: 24.
West African Education Certificate (WAEC):
- Transcript for grades 10, 11, and 12. Or Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) results issued directly by WAEC (to be verified online).
- For WAEC, we require a minimum of grade C4 (Numeric value of 4), on the relevant required subjects assessed for the program of entry application submitted to UPEI.
Kenyan Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE):
- A minimum of C+ in the KCSE is required for admission.
Note: Enrolment into UPEI Cairo Campus programs is a competitive process. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission into the University