Faculty of Arts: Grade 12 English, one Social Studies or Language, and any three other academic courses; an overall average of 70% minimum.
Note: Grade 12 Math is required for the Economics major.
Faculty of Business: Grade 12 Math, English and any 2 subjects chosen from Social Studies, Languages or Sciences, and one other academic course; an overall average of 70% minimum.
Faculty of Science: Grade 12 Math, English, 2 Sciences and one other academic course; an overall average of 70% minimum.
Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering: Grade 12 Academic Math, English, two Sciences chosen from Biology, Chemistry or Physics and one other academic subject; an overall average of 70% minimum with no grade below 65% and at least 70% in Grade 12 Academic Math.
Note: For students who may be missing a subject required for admission into a speciﬁc faculty, or students requiring a transition program to university from High School, the UPEI Cairo Campus is prepared to provide a pathway which will allow qualified students to attend either a Foundation Course(s) or admission into a Gateway Program.
- Transcript of grades 10, 11, and 12
General Certificate of Education (GCE/IGCSE)
- Sustainable Design Engineering: 5 ‘O’ levels in the appropriate subjects with no grade below 65% and 1 AS level in Mathematics (minimum grade of B)
- Science: 5 ‘O’ levels in the appropriate subjects and 1 AS level in Mathematics (minimum grade of B)
- Business: 5 ‘O’ levels in the appropriate subjects with a minimum grade of B in Mathematics
- Arts: 5 ‘O’ levels in the appropriate subjects. Note: Minimum grade of B in Mathematics is required for an Economics major
American High-School Diploma
- Presentation of completed high-school diploma from a recognized academic Grade 12 program
- At least 4 different subjects at matriculation level must be presented within the diploma
- Only 1 course may be used for admission purposes from the Grade 11 level
- SAT and ACT scores are not required for admission but may be used for admission reference
Canadian High-School Diploma
- Successful completion of Grade 12 examinations in a University Preparatory Program
- Overall average of at least 70% (75% for Quebec Secondary V students)
- Certificate of grades 10, 11, and 12
- Minimum GPA 11 is required for admission
- Transcript for grades 11, 12, and 13 (university prep). Abitur/Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife/Reifezeugnis (Certificate of General University Maturity)
- A minimum of 9 overall in the Abitur and a minimum of 3 (befriedigend) overall in the others mentioned above are required for admission
Advanced Placement (AP)
- A maximum of three transfer credits will be awarded on a case-by-case basis for AP exams successfully completed with a minimum grade of 4
- Applicants should provide detailed course description and official test results for transfer credit assessment
For more information, please click here to download our Admission Flyer.